From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-11 08:11:59

Pavol Droba wrote:

> To sumarize, I fully understand you concerns, but you have to try to
> understand mine.

>> From the perspective of string processing, that current approach is
>> perfectly legal

> and I dare to say, that it is on par with usage you trying to achive.
> So let's try to come to some solution, that will be acceptable for
> both parties.

I am not interested in compromises or acceptability to "both parties". If I
were designing a string library, I wouldn't attempt to redesign a
lower-level range library so that it fits my needs. I can easily implement
whatever hacks make sense at my level rather than pushing them a level down.

That's just my opinion, of course. I may be wrong.