From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-11 09:41:35

On 05/08/2005 03:46 AM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to take this moment to share with you finally the modifications
> Boost.Test went through during last couple month. Most of Boost.Test
[snip]
> VI Utilities
>
> Basic utilities that may have value outside of Boost.Test now separated into
> utils subdirectory. If there is an interest to promote any of them onto
[snip]
> Sorry, for babbling for so long. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

I've had a need for tracking a class' instances for
some time now. I've used:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost-sandbox/boost-sandbox/boost/utility/object_tracked.hpp?rev=1.1&view=auto

to do this and it has worked pretty good. It has been used to write
tests for memory management smart pointers. Some of the policy_ptr tests
could also use something like this.

Your test utilities library would be a better place for it than where it
is now. Any chance of moving it there?