From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-12 13:55:45

Allow me to repost this, since given the current traffic in
the list it could well have passed unnoticed.

Is (the proposed) Boost.Interfaces lib able to handle the following
scenario?

template<typename T>
interface IIterator
{
  T& operator*()const;
};

template<typename T>
interface IContainer
{
  IIterator<T> begin();
  IIterator<T> end();
};

It is not the issue of specifying an operator as part of the interface
IIterator (this'll be taken care of in the future according to the
docs), but the fact that IContainer::begin is required to return an
object implicitly convertible to IIterator<T>. Can Boost.Interfaces
do that?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

PS: Just for motivation, I' think this idiom could be taken advantage
of
in a possible implementation of a dynamic multi-index container.