From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-13 02:58:18

At 03:17 2005-05-07, John Maddock wrote:
>I don't know who (if anyone?) is maintaining ublas at present, but test4
>and test5 are failing *on every single compiler* at present.
>
>I've partly traced the problem: an exception is being thrown in banded.hpp
>line 192, in :
>
>boost::numeric::ublas::banded_matrix<double,boost::numeric::ublas::basic_row_major<unsigned
>int,int>,boost::numeric::ublas::unbounded_array<double,std::allocator<double>
> > >::operator()(unsigned int i=0x00000000, unsigned int
>j=0x00000001) Line 192 + 0x34 C++
>
>The cause is that the member data member _upper has been initialised to
>zero, which means any attempt here to access members of the matrix results
>in an exception being thrown!
>
>At present I'm stumped, I haven't been able to figure out what the code is
>supposed to do well enough to even begin to suggest a fix, so I'm just
>hoping this will ring a bell with someone, who'll know what to do :-)

I should have caught up on my mail before I dove back into looking at test
results. I'd just discovered what you say about an hour ago and have been
debugging the test to see if I could see where it should logically be
different. I'm not even sure I know what lower_, upper_, and size_ are
supposed to be for, or where/when things get allocated (if they do) when
one accesses something outside the current bounds.

>Regards,
>
>John.

Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"