From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-16 10:00:55

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> John Maddock wrote:
>
>> As you've noticed already, if a static assert appears on the same line
>> in two different files then you get a redefinition error. I don't
>> suppose CW supports __COUNTER__ like MSVC does, if so we could give
>> each a unique name?

It doesn't.. I've wished for that many times.

> Failing that, there is a recommendation in the
>> static assert docs, that users take care to place static asserts on
>> separate lines (some compilers can't cope with duplicate typedefs,
>> even though they are allowed in the language), can spirit be re-jigged
>> to do that?

Well since this is only a problem at the namespace scope, it can also be
solved by wrapping with "namespace { ... }" AFAICT.

> Certainly. That is, if I know which of the static asserts calls is
> causing the troubles.

Since the metacomm tests ran with the changed code you it's all the
current failures listed on the results for Spirit/cw-8_3.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything