From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-17 08:17:51

Boost.Serialization is currently failing to build in Comeau 4.3.3,
apparently for legitimate reasons:

http://tinyurl.com/adv2g

The detail type helper_type in libs/serialization/src/basic_oarchive.cpp

contains the following member:

const boost::serialization::extended_type_info * const m_eti;

whose constness prevents the compiler from generating a default
assignment operator for helper_type. Hence helper_type is
not Assignable and thus cannot be used in a STL container like attempted

at line 164 in the same archive:

    std::set<helper_type, helper_compare> m_helpers;

I guess removing the const qualifier of m_eti would suffice to make this

error go away. Any objection to me applying the attached patch
(confirmed
to work on MSVC, yet untested in Comeau)?

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo

143c143
< const boost::serialization::extended_type_info * const m_eti;

---
>         const boost::serialization::extended_type_info * m_eti;
146c146
<             const boost::serialization::extended_type_info * const eti
---