From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-17 09:22:41

The C-style macros are only provided so that they can be used
by anyone unfortunate to be stuck with C,
and by anyone wanting to preprocess them somehow.
It didn't cost much to generate them, if one is generating the others.

| > The current state also lacks extensibility. It is not
| acceptable to rely
| > on an external code generator. We have a great preprocessor
| library for
| > jobs like this one. It is desirable to have user-defined
| constants for
| > arbitrary types, which can be defined from within user code
| on-the-fly,
| > using a self-contained code generator.
| >

| This sounds like a pretty cool idea to me.

Well cool indeed - provided the preprocessor can do 50 decimal digit
accuracy floating point ;-)

So far macros seem to be struggling with ANY floating point calculations!

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204
mailto: pbristow_at_[hidden]