From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-20 18:13:08

"Caleb Epstein" <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> On 5/20/05, ATField <field.zhang_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I think so. AFAIK, if BOOST_MS_STRCTURED_EXCEPTION_HANDLING is defined,
>> exection_monitor.cpp would use _set_se_translator to catch win32
>
> This seems to be defined by default.

It does. For the configurations that supports it. Note though that behavior
of _set_se_translator is runtime configurable. If you set
catch_system_errors=no (using unit test framework) translator invokes
debugger/causing immidiate crash.

>> exceptions and rethrow a ms_se_exception instead, so that
>> execution_monitor::execute can detect such situation and output some
>> error message. _set_se_translator is only supported for /EHa
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>
> I don't think it does. This is a problem that needs to be fixed in
> Boost.Test, not code that uses Boost.Test. IMHO of course.

I don't see it as a problem, rather as a feature. And /EHa flag needt obe
added to build scripts to support it (unless someone always using
catch_system_errors=no always).

Gennadiy