From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-21 17:33:15

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote

> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > As far as "Microsoft bug" is conserned, my testing wasn't accurate.
After I
> > #include "boost/mpl/size.hpp", which I use, VC7 is fine and VC8 is fine
with
> > T() + U(). It still can't handle make<T>() + make<U>(), though...
>
> Can you submit a small test case that uses make<>? This one is
> important and should get attention from the MS engineers.

I'll do once I figure out what's going on... Eric's suggestion moved me
past the immediate problem, but now I am having another one, related to
sizeof(...) not being recognized as a constant expression...

A good news is that I probably know how to fix it by simplifying (removing
some optimization), so that VC8 is able to handle this -- it works with my
preliminary tests. The price will be decreased performance of
BOOST_TYPEOF_TPL (but not BOOST_TYPEOF) in VC8 only, for simple types, but
your example should be fixed once I do this.

Until I find a better solution it probably makes sense to upload the patched
version, so that we could move on with the review. I'll do it some time
tomorrow if I don't find anything better until then.

Regards,
Arkadiy