From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-22 05:04:49

Here's a batch file that I use to build Boost from CVS with VC 7.1 on XP:

========= build7.bat =========
REM Build Boost libraries with VC7.1
SET PYTHON_ROOT=C:\Apps\Python24
SET PYTHON_VERSION=2.4
REM First build JAM
CD tools\build\jam_src
CALL build.bat
REM Now use JAM to build BOOST
@echo "Building Boost with VC 7.1 ..."
tools\build\jam_src\bin.ntx86\bjam
"-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" -sICU_PATH=F:\Dev\icu-3.2 > build7.log
@ECHO "Finished. See build7.log"

I've not figured out how to use bjam with v2 rules, so a similar batch file
for VC 8.0 works but you get a lot of warnings about unknown and obsolete
compiler options.

Keith MacDonald