From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-24 00:48:12

At 21:08 2005-05-23, you wrote:
>In the VC 7.1 IDE, on the project property page under Linker there is a
>field labeled "Additional directories". In this field one specifies the
>directorie(s) that contain the compiled boost libraries. Within the
>serialization code, there are pragmas which generate the proper library name
>as a function of the boost configuration. This is referred to as as
>"auto-linking"

in addition, you can permanently put the boost library (and include)
directories in ALL projects for Visual Studio by going to
Tools->Options..projects..VC++ Directories.
I've added:
$(boost_root)\include\boost-$(boost_version)
to the include directories and:
$(boost_root)\lib
to the library directories.

maintaining the two environment variables is quite easy and causes barely a
ripple when boost is upgraded.