From: Jason Earl (Jason_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 09:57:08

I guess everyone has their preference. Though I'm a Windows user at
heart, I do find that many of the WYSIWYG tools to me have a much
higher learning curve than doing stuff the old fashioned command line
at times. Certainly, as web design/programmer, I detest IDE's, and find
nothing beats jEdit for everything that doesn't depend on Photoshop.
Maybe I'm a control freak.

At the same time, getting things working in Windows is so much easier
than Linux, things do work out of the box, and that's where I'm
thankful for a UI.

I guess this argument is very much down to personal taste. Again, as I
said, much as I have said that I personally don't have a problem with
CLI build systems, I do agree with Reece that a GUI system would be a
nice icing on the cake. However I would not want want to see good old
fashioned CLI build system be replaced outright (and I can't see that
happening anyway).

I still think that the CLI based build system is fine, it just might
need some adjusting so that it's simpler to use as users don't have to
see kilobytes of make commands being issues.

Jason