From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 11:02:40

Its not a policy that including serialization trigger autolinking. If it
currently does, it contravenes my intention. When I last looked at this I
wasn't convinced this was actually happening. I took precautions to avoid
this and felt it was addressed. Your detailed investigation motivates me to
look again and more carefully. It is also helpful for showing me where to
look. I'll do this. Thanks for sheding light on this.

I've been a little bogged down in this area as now the auto-linking of DLLS
on vc6 and vc7 stopped working. I'm not sure why this is. Its only a
problem on with these compilers. I'm still bogged down on this.

Robert Ramey

P.S. The local macro IMPORT is to trigger the autolinking for DLL import
library. I'm sort of suspicious of this as I made a change here to address
a problem when compiling from the VC IDE.

RR