From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 05:39:04

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 07:18:46PM -0400, David Abrahams wrote:

> Caleb Epstein <caleb.epstein_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Admittedly there should be example command lines for vc-7_1 etc and
> > not just gcc.
>
> Can you suggest where we should show those examples? There are quite
> a few toolsets! Maybe in the table?

Maybe the example should feature VC, since the VC users are the ones
likely to be least familiar and least comfortable with a command line
tool and figuring out the right options.

Unix users are used to scouring man pages to determine the right set of
cryptic flags and switches, so tailor it to the users who need the most
hand-holding with the command-line process.

jon