From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-25 22:34:25

At 14:30 2005-05-25, Bennett, Patrick wrote:
>[delete]
>[Bennett, Patrick] Personally, I think the pragma 'link' options are an
>absolute disaster for large projects.

apparently you've worked with different folks than I. Likely, different
kinds of "large projects", too.

>It's far, far too easy to end up with lots of libraries getting linked
>in with users having no idea how or why they're being linked against.
>Since many developers tend to be rather over-eager in #including headers
>(bah, just include it all!)

sounds like "many developers" need to be re-edcuated. or, perhaps, you
need better code walkthroughs.

> it's quite common for library x to include
>library y which happens to include library z. Users then wonder why
>their application is suddenly dependent on libraries they never even
>'use'.
>Libraries linked against should always be completely explicit IMO

yeah, I woulda bought that right up until Microsoft introduced incompatible
options in their silly "see 8 things at a time" _GUI_ option settings
(property pages). BTW, those are a perfect example of why I dislike GUI
for most things, it gets abused horribly (yeah I know, let's just educate
people how to write them correctly).