From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 17:00:46

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote

> > error: unable to construct
> > ../libs/program_options/build/boost_program_options
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> That's a C++ library. I see a correlation here ;-)
>
> How about editing your user-config.jam file? You can copy it from
> tools/build/v2/user-config.jam into your $HOME directory.

I guess I am missing the whole picture here... What are the pieces I need?

1) bjam -- I got it with Rene's install, and it's in my path. I assume
nothing else need to be done about it...

2) Boost.Build 2 -- a bunch of jam files, tool description files, etc. Does
it come as a part of Boost? When I have boost-build.jam, I understand where
it's taken from, but since I removed it... Is it comming as a part of the
current Boost tree? I have boost_1_32_0, Boost CVS, and Boost Sandbox CVS.
Should I use different Boost.Build in each tree? And I don't think

3) What is my $HOME directory? The boost-sandbox\libs\typeof\doc?
Assumming that I am trying to build the documentation... And if I build the
tests, will my $HOME be different? Besides I don't see Boost.Build in the
Boost Sandbox CVS...

Regards,
Arkadiy