From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 08:34:50

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of David Abrahams
> Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 8:48 AM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [boost] Re: Wave Bjam building problems\Joel de Guzman -
> didyoueverfind a solution?
>
> "Brian Braatz" <brianb_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > Hartmut- HI THERE!
> > I must say, I am excited to get the build fun over with so I can use
> > your extremely cool creation.
> >
> > Details:
> > I am using V2. I am NOW much closer. I am compiling but NOT LINKING-
> > I have removed VC70 COMPLETELY from my box
>
> That was unneccessary. Sorry you did it.
>
> > and rebuilt boost with 71
> > (again).
> > That an a using msvc : 7.1. : (path to cl.exe) in the
user-config.jam
> > got me to compile.
> >
> > Additionally, I went through and manually removed all of the
references
> > in my LIB, INCLUDE and PATH to vc70.
>
> Also unneccessary.
>
> > This may sound extreme, but it allowed BJAM to compile (Bjam's
> > interaction with those ENV vars is something I don't fully know how
it
> > works)
>
> It doesn't interact with them.
>
> > I am now trying to build the quick start with the VC71 IDE
> >
> > My current problem is this link error:
> > Linking...
> > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> > 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'
> >
> > Build log was saved at

"file://c:\data\Irx\Irx\Arx\Main\Source\Common\Boost\V_1_32\libs\wave\sa
> > mples\quick_start\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
> > WaveQuickStart - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
> >

> > The LIB I have available is 'libboost_wave-vc71-mt-gd-1_32.lib not
> > 'libboost_wave-vc7-mt-gd-1_32.lib'. I am not sure WHY the
autolinking is
> > trying to hit the vc70 version of the lib since I am using VC71's
IDE.

> > (ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS?)
>
> I don't know; this looks like a possible misuse of the autolink
> system by Wave, or... maybe you need to force-rebuild your entire vc71
> project? If you have any object files lying around that were build
> with vc70 you'll have the incorrect autolink references in them.

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
Thanks for the notes.

I am trying to get Wave working because I have a theory it could be
useful to me for an instrument tool I envision adding to the proposed
profiler.

I am traveling today, but over the weekend, I am going to play with this
some more. I am thinking about rebuilding a separate machine, and
starting over from scratch (just to remove any weirdness in config I
have on my main laptop).