From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 08:46:04

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]
> On Behalf Of Rene Rivera
>
> Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> > "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> >>I like it. Always good to start an adventure with a smile ;-)
> >

> > It's really not about command line versus GUI. It's just that
default
> > installation _should_ be one-button (or one batch command)
operation.

> > Instead, a simple requirement "install the quickbook" forses a
person
> to:
> >
> > 1) check out Boost CVS;
> > 2) build bjam;
> > 3) figure out the difference between Boost.Build v1 and v2;
> > 4) download and configire Boost.Build v2;
> > 5) figure out how to build the quickbook (any info about this in the
> docs?)
> > 6) download xslt processor from cygwin;
> > 7) build the Boost.Book
> > 8) Do whatever else (I am not even close to this right now).
> >
> > Sorry if I am somwhat off topic. Just waisting my day off, and
being
> > frustrated RIGHT NOW.
>
> Try this one... Gets you a good part of the way there..
>
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/boost-cvs-setup.exe

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
THIS COMPLETELY ROCKS! Please finish it.

REQUEST: (ok, get ready to attack me)
Install PreBuilt LIB files
I would still cannot build wave and will be spending a chunk of the
weekend working on this, if the install came with pre-built libs, I
would have been able to have been coding for the 8 hours I have spent
trying to get wave to work