From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-27 08:47:48

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 12:49:11PM +0200, Hendrik Schober wrote:

> Jonathan Wakely <cow_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > > [...] And how about extending this (or
> > > coming up with another scheme) so that it equally
> > > applies to all tool sets? Because my next question
> > > would be: How do I build for GCC 3.3.3 and 3.4.X?
> >
> > You'd click on "gcc" in the toolset table (you managed to click the
> > "vc7" toolset and pick a variable there, surely you can do it for GCC :)
>
> Ouch, wasn't this wrong when I did it the
> first time? :)

Yes, it was wrong when you were trying to find the value for TOOLS,
it is right if you're trying to find some toolset-specific variable.

It's wrong to use a variable name as a toolset name.

It's right to use a variable name as a variable name.

Got it?

Look:

    bjam -sTOOLS=gcc -sGCC_ROOT_DIRECTORY=/home/redi/gcc/4.x

> But now I see -- I need to specifiy the
> -- what's it called? -- ^W^W^W^W^W configure
> the tool first.
>
> Mhmm. Thinking about it -- that's quite
> different from VC, isn't it? Why?

No, not really:

    bjam -sTOOLS=vc7_1 -sVC71_ROOT=...

Good luck, I'm thoroughly bored with this thread now.

jon

--
"This Statement is False"
        (Courtesy of POEE)