From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-28 05:37:30

> I am getting the error from Intel C++ at the point of declaration of
> the compressed_pair specialization.

I've experimented some more, and found one bug in the current
implementation:

If one of the templates arguments is both const and an empty class, then
compressed_pair attempts to inherit from the const-class type which
generates an error for Intel C++, but not strangely for VC++.

I've attached an updated version with some trivial (tested on all the
compilers I have) fixes, does this fix your problem?

BTW, at the risk of stating the obvious, compiler error messages really help
when reporting issues (JM runs and ducks for cover!).

John.