From: Manfred Doudar (manfred.doudar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-29 00:36:31

David Abrahams wrote:

>Manfred Doudar <manfred.doudar_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>> Under the pretext of my argument, I think it would be a
>> good idea if Boost had as part of its offical web-site,
>> an area where commercial enterprise can list their use of
>> Boost in their projects.
>>
>>It's blatant advertising I know,
>>

>I'd say it's blatant advertising for Boost,

In that case I now have no reservations about my initial
proposal - Boost advertising is good advertising :-)

>and somewhat subliminal
>advertising for those using Boost, provided they think that the use of
>Boost will reflect well upon their reputation.
>
>>and much against the grain of what Boost stands for
>>

>Not at all. http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/projects.html, for
>example.

Not having ventured down the Python path with Boost, I was
previously unaware of the "projects" page. Boost indeed
is many things, and that's comforting, it shifts my own
perceptions a little (for the better) - thanks Dave.

Cheers,

--
Manfred Doudar
MetOcean Engineers