From: Joao Abecasis (jpabecasis_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-29 18:57:14

Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
> "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote
>

>>Arkadiy Vertleyb wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>How do I generate the document-level index in the quickbook? Right now
>
> it
>
>>>generates indexes for those sections that contain subsections, but not
>
> the
>
>>>top-level index.
>>
>>Something's not right here. It should be generated. Here's an
>>example from the python tutorial:
>>
>>http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/index.html
>

> Is it conditional on something inside the .qbk file? By the way, your own
> quickbook documentation doesn't seem have a top-level index either ;-)
>
> I am using this one that I got from one of your posts:
>

> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/boost/boost/tools/quickbook
> /doc/html/index.html?rev=HEAD

I could be wrong... but I think this had to do with the type of document
that is being generated (book, article, library, chapter or part,
declared in the "header" of the .qbk file).

Here, <http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/tutorial.qbk>
you'll see that python docs' are declared as "library" (first line of
the file) while quickbook's,
<http://boost-consulting.com/boost/tools/quickbook/doc/quickbook.qbk>,
are tagged as a "part".

Could this be the problem?