From: Hendrik Schober (SpamTrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 05:28:14

Andrey Melnikov <melnikov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> * hook-ins to allow BBv2 projects to be managed in your favorite IDE.
>
> I think the second alternative is better. For example these hook-ins
> (Boost.Build project type in case of MSVC7+) will make implementation of
> "project creation wizards to create BBv2 projects" possible.
> [...]
> What do you think?

  This would replace the need to invoke a command
  line executable alien to the targeted user base by
  the need to download, install, and use a plugin
  alien to them.
  Really, if you want to boost the interest in boost,
  make using it easy on all platforms. This means it
  should be doable in a way that's very common on
  that platform. For Unix, invoking CLI tools is
  common, so downloading and invoking a special tool
  might be OK. On Windows, downloading a project
  file is common, so ideally project files is what
  boost should provide. For obvious reasons, those
  should somehow be generated from whatever
  Boost.Build uses.
  Whether this is possible I don't know. But that's
  the ideal.

> Andrey
> [...]

  Schobi