From: Hendrik Schober (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-30 14:33:05

Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]
> Although the shorter "\Development\*" would probably works as well. But
> if we are talking about such a location you need to consider language
> localization, in the same way as "Program Files" treated.

  I don't think so.
  Noone has a chance to use boost if they don't
  read English. All the identifiers are in English,
  all the comments are in English, all the docs are
  in English, the website is in English, almost all
  places were one could get support are in English...
  Doing C++ programming without at least some basic
  understanding of English is nigh impossible,
  doing professional C++ programming without it
  really is impossible.
  FWIW, noone at my job (Berlin, Germany) says
  "Bibliothek", everyone says "Library". In fact,
  the German word has a very odd sound when applied
  to programming libs, indicating that I rarely
  heard it anywhere at all.

  Schobi

--
SpamTrap_at_[hidden] is never read