From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-01 08:01:54

On 6/1/05, Jonathan Turkanis <technews_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Eric Ford wrote:
> > Might Boost be interested in becoming a "mentoring organization"?
> > That would allow a student to get a summer stipend from Google to write
> > code to contribute to boost. I'd guess that we probably have a few student
> > programmers on the list who have already demonstrated their capabilities
> > and enthusiasm. If so, see below. The deadline is June 14.
>
> The stipend is paid only upon successful completion of the project. What would
> count as the successful completion in this case? Acceptance into Boost?
> Obviously this can't be guaranteed in advance.

For what I readed in the FAQ, the mentoring organization doesnt have
to really use the code for it to be a "successful completion", so
boost could sign as completed without being enough to acceptance.

> Maybe the Windows installer would be a good project for this program.

I agree with you it would be a nice project for this. But what exactly
you mean? a binary distribution or a installer that would compile
everything? I think the problem is to know what people that never knew
about boost thinks about.