From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-03 10:03:47

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:41:49 -0400, Howard Hinnant wrote
>
>>On Jun 2, 2005, at 11:17 AM, Rene Rivera wrote:
>>

>>>There are some failures for date_time with CW-9 (and similar errors in
>>>CW-8):
>>>
>>>CW-9.5 on Mac...
>>>http://tinyurl.com/bwhsw
>>>http://tinyurl.com/93nh4
>>>
>>>CW-9.4 on Windows...
>>>http://tinyurl.com/75t78
>>>http://tinyurl.com/br2b5
>>>
>>>CW-8.3 on Windows...
>>>http://tinyurl.com/85nf5
>>>http://tinyurl.com/9gfpn
>>>
>>>They have this as the reason:
>>>
>>>"[ J. Garland ] Some older compilers are confused by the template
>>>code here. These are new features to date-time in 1.33 and there is no
>>>plan to backport to these non-compliant compilers."
>>>
>>>Now I don't particularly think of CW-9 as an "older" compiler. So is
>>>that really the reason? Or is it just that it hasn't been
>>>investigated?

Still waiting for a response to the above errors.

>>I just took a look at http://tinyurl.com/9y4td and it looks to me

OK, a different error :-)

[...]
> You can find the code in boost/date_time/gregorian/gregorian_io.hpp - line
> 100. It's likely, however, that it is macro'ed out because if
> BOOST_NO_STD_LOCALE is defined this code will not be included.
[...]
> So my suspicion is that the real issue here is the failure comment is
> misleading, or the configuration is in error. Do we need to change the config
> option to let the locale-based code compile?

No. Howard is pointing out an error on CW-9 which doesn't have the
locale problem that CW-8 has. All the tests for CW-9 run with locales
enabled.

But now that I know I'll at the corresponding CW-8 tests and enable
locale support on those tests.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything