From: Keith MacDonald (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-05 05:40:28

I wouldn't like to assume any level of knowledge about the file system by
the average Windows user, but would doubt that such person had the
competence to use Boost, if they didn't know what a directory is ;-)

The hints now look correct, but the build with MSVC 8.0 fails with this
error:

F:\CVS\boost\tools/build/v1\boost-base.jam:1966: in subvariant-target
*** argument error
* rule library-file ( target : sources + )
* called with: (
<@boost!libs!iostreams!build\libboost_iostreams.lib\vc-8_0\debug\runtime-link-static>libboost_iostreams-vc80-sgd-1_33.lib
: )
* missing argument sources
F:\CVS\boost\tools/build/v1\boost-base.jam:119:see definition of rule
'library-file' being called
F:\CVS\boost\tools/build/v1\boost-base.jam:2403: in stage
Jamfile:195: in load-jamfiles
F:\CVS\boost\tools\build\v1\bootstrap.jam:21: in boost-build
F:\CVS\boost\boost-build.jam:16: in module scope

I'm afraid it makes me none the wiser!

- Keith