From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-06 13:42:27

Pedro Lamarão <pedro.lamarao_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hello all.
>
> I've been playing more intimately with boost lately, and running the
> regression tests.
>
> As I do it, I feel I'll have the time to help fixing bugs here and
> there. But I wouldn't like to just start throwing patches in the list
> risking entering in conflict with other people's work.
>
> So... How is the development process coordinated?

Not well enough I'm afraid.

> Do regressions get bugs assigned to them? Is there a list for
> sending patches?

Probably the best thing you can do is to enter patches and bugs into
the SourceForge bug/patch trackers. Everything that goes in there
gets Cc'd to this list, so it will get as much notice as posting
would, and there will be a permanent record that can be followed up on
directly.

Be sure to log in to SourceForge before posting, and try to put the
name of the library or libraries concerned in the subject/synopsis of
the bug, e.g.

    [MPL] for_each busted!

HTH,

--