From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-06 18:36:19

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]

[David Abrahams Writes:]
> Whenever you feel like you can say something useful. I often have
> something useful to say after looking at the first few pages of
> documentation.

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
Good advice.
After contemplating that advice, I took 20 mins to look at the function
types lib- and immediately saw some issues (as you said, after the first
few pages). (will write them up this evening).

[David Abrahams Writes:]
> Personally, I think too many libraries have been accepted recently
> with insufficient scrutiny. There are certainly a few I would have
> liked to have seen challenged along the lines of "this doesn't make me
> go wow," or "does the world really need this library?"

[Brian Braatz Writes:]

Hmm..

Here is an idea: what-cha think- We should add a "Wow" factor to the lib
review template.

I dunno, maybe something like

"Rate the WOW factor of this library:(1-5)"

(now that I have made the suggestion, here comes the controversy (grin))

the question then becomes what if a library, gets all 1's. Does it still
get accepted? I say no, there are plenty of "YET-ANOTHER-X" libraries
out there already.

I say, (more controversy) that something can have a semi-boring
functional use, but it's implementation, at the very least should have
some "Wow" in it.

hmmm...

I will continue to contemplate these thoughts. Hard to see the dark side
is....