From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-07 10:06:37

[mailto:boost-bounces_at_[hidden]]

[Paul A Bristow Writes:]
> WOW! - What a elistist view!
>
> Nothing WOW about STATIC_ASSERT (for example) - but not just useful
but
> invaluable.

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
1- I was stating how I PERSONALLY felt about the issue.
2- The problem with thinking in the "wow" paradigm, is that is relative.
STATIC_ASSERT has a wow factor to it for many. For some it does not.

> IMO Boost library is about USEFULNESS and QUALITY.

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
Add "efficiency" and you just described where the "wow" comes from :)

> Quality code that starts by peer review AND because it is well
exercised
> by
> lots of users on lots of different environments, and is amended often,
> so is likely to be as correct as can be and as portable as practical.

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
Yes

> And nobody gets their names in lights - just a bucket load of hassle
> manipulating their code for all the non-compliant compilers.
>
> Paul

[Brian Braatz Writes:]

HAHAHAH The underlying truth shows itself :).