From: pedro.lamarao_at_[hidden]
Date: 2005-06-07 23:01:29

To spice up the networking discussion, let me announce a new version of
my networking experiment, the socketstream library.

The home-page is here:
http://socketstream.sourceforge.net/

It's not up to date yet, but the doxygen documentation is nearly current.

The SourceForge page is here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/socketstream/

The Subversion repository is here:
https://mndfck.org/svn/sockestream/

In particular, here are some example client projects of the library:
https://mndfck.org/svn/socketstream/trunk/example/

The bug pointed out in this list in the time server was corrected. ;)
Two new examples were added last time I mentioned this library here, an
extremely simple http client, and a very simple irc client library with
it's own example application.

The irc client library makes use of the boost::signals library, and soon
I'll have a reworked version of the irc::message class that uses
boost::spirit to parse messages from istreambuf_iterator's.

There are some weird bugs yet to solve, but it works enough to play around.

I'm planning to eventually make a "boost" version of the library as an
excuse to study the Boost.Build system.

--
 Pedro Lamarão