From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-10 11:10:01

On 06/10/2005 10:40 AM, Larry Evans wrote:
[snip]
> SELECTED_FIELDS_DESCRIPTION_OF_RECORD(record<visitable_yes>)
>
> I mention this also because it plays a role similar, AFAICT, to managed
> c++'s __gc keyword. I've never used managed c++; so, that's just a

OOPS. I need to clarify that since the apparent purpose of
fields_visitor is to allow accessing selected fields in a record, and
managed c++'s __gc keyword flags a class as being garbage collected.
Well, if the selected_fields in the record are the smart pointers, then
the similarity beteen __gc and SELECTED_FIELDS_DESCRIPTION_OF_RECORD
should be a bit clearer.