From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-10 13:29:00

Patrick Hartling <patrick_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I have attached a simple patch to the file
> boost/tools/build/v1/vc-8_0-amd64-tools.jam that accounts for an apparent
> name change to a .bat file in the Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 install tree. I
> say "apparent name change" because I am assuming that the .jam file was made
> with Visual Studio 2005 Beta 1, with which I have no experience. If I am
> doing something wrong in trying to build Boost to target the AMD64
> architecture on Windows which would make this patch useless, please let me know.

No, you didn't do anything wrong, but noticing the code duplication in
your patch made me want to clean things up. Please try the latest
CVS.

The amount of copy/paste programming in these toolsets is truly
scary. And it's leading to subtle and disconcerting variations
in related toolsets. I tried to clean that up a little bit for the
vc-8_0* toolsets, but vc-7_1* have the same problem. This stuff ought
to be refactored... or retired.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting