From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-10 18:15:02

Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On 06/10/2005 03:08 PM, Larry Evans wrote:
> [snip]
>> quoted up above. The code in preprocess.py doesn't help much.
>> It includes:
>> os.system( "preprocess %s %s %s %s" % ( boost_root, mode, file,
>> file_path ) )
>> which, I assume, invokes the:
>> preprocess.cmd
>> in that directory. I'm assuming the extension, 'cmd' is some
>> windows
>
> I changed the above to:
>
> os.system( "./preprocess.sh %s %s %s %s" % ( boost_root, mode, file,
> file_path ) )
>
> and copied preprocess.cmd to preprocess.sh, edited to to become:

Won't help; the script generates new .cmd files over and over. Adding
a .sh extension buys nothing and impairs portability to windows.

> #!/bin/bash
> gcc -E -C -P -I$1 "-D
> BOOST_USER_CONFIG=<$1/libs/mpl/preprocessed/include/$2/user.hpp>" -D
> BOOST_MPL_CFG_NO_OWN_PP_PRIMITIVES $3 >$4
>
> then changed the "\" in the filename's to os.path.join and it executes
> without error, but I'm still looking for some hint as to how change
> the code to generate:
>
> vectorX_c< T,T(C0) >
>
> instead of:
>
> vectorX_c< T,C0 >

As I've tried to say, you need to analyze the PP lib code used in the
mpl headers; I even pointed you at a likely candidate file in my last
post.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting