From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-13 06:32:13

"Victor A. Wagner Jr." <vawjr_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I changed the /EHsc to /EHac which seems to affect none of the tests excep
> the errors test on VC-8_0 which now works
> I've tested it with 7.1 and 8.0 I don't have any other complers

Well, that's nice for testing, but it's not very cool for the build
system in general -- enabling asynch exceptions has a significant
performance cost. We need a different solution, like making
<asynch-exceptions> a real feature (as I did recently for BBV2) and
making it part of the test lib's requirements. We probably ought to
put it in the "run" testing rule as a requirement on the executable
generated as well.

> btw, why is the /EHac (now) put in the command line twice? once as part
> of CFLAGS and once directly??

Probably just maintenance drift, but you can crawl the CVS history to
find out how it happened for sure.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting