From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-13 07:02:03

"Andreas Huber" <ahd6974-spamgroupstrap_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> Something is strange about this.
>> Can you do the exact same thing again, but with bjam -d+2, and post
>> the output?
>
> Sure.

Okay, I'm officially confused. This segment from your original output
indicates that the build system is trying (and failing) to delete the
RunFailTest executable:

----
    del /f/q  "..\..\..\bin\boost\libs\statechart\test\RunFailTest.test\mingw\debug\RunFailTest.exe"
...failed RmTemps ..\..\..\bin\boost\libs\statechart\test\RunFailTest.test\mingw\debug\RunFailTest.run...
----
The only reason that should fail is if the executable is missing.
Now if I look at the new output, I can trace the steps from creation
of that executable up until we try to execute the del command.  It
clearly gets created and executed, and there's no attempt to delete it
before this one.  So if you do
       bjam -a -otest.bat -sTOOLS=mingw RunFailTest.run
can you then execute all the commands in test.bat?  Does the "del"
command work?
Thanks,
--
Dave Abrahams