From: Philipp Thomas (pth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-13 10:56:08

* John Maddock (john_at_[hidden]) [20050613 12:16]:

> any configuration has to be done within the jam language, using rules that
> don't execute any commands!

You mean you can't even adapt to changing gcc versions in the bjam
configuration? I *knew* why I dislike build systems that can't adapt
themselves to changing system configurations (in the way autoconf does its
work). Seems like an autojam is desperately needed (and no, I'm not
volunteering :).

> If I could execute commands to do the configuration this would be easy :-)

> I've also changed the behavior when the ICU lib files aren't found under
> $(ICU_PATH)/lib: then it prints a warning, but still adds the "usual"
> library names to the linker command line in the hope that they'll be found
> in a std path somewhere.

That's very reasonable, given the constraints you have. Thanks!

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pth_at_[hidden]>
Research & Development