From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-14 17:54:45

On 03/26/2005 05:03 PM, Peter Dimov wrote:
> David B. Held wrote:
>
>> Peter Dimov wrote:
>>
>>> The recent lively thread in comp.lang.c++.moderated has sparked my
>>> interest in the policy_ptr proposal. Is the final version of the
>>> submission available?
[snip]
> Well... I'm asking because I have looked at the sandbox and none of the
> code or docs there seemed up to date.
The docs are still not up to date, but the code now works with
most tests in libs/policy_ptr/test. The one test which
fails is std_ptr_binary_node_test. It fails during
the test of the emulation of shared_ptr for collecting
cycles. The code in:

   libs/policy_ptr/src/detail/collector_sp_counted_tagged.cpp

is *supposed* to be an accurate conversion of:

   libs/smart_ptr/src/sp_collector.cpp

to use policy_ptr emulations. The conversion does appear to
get the same output as:

   libs/policy_ptr/test/collector_test.cpp

which is provided by:

   libs/policy_ptr/test/collector_sp_counted_tagged_test.cpp

Maybe you could more easily find the error in the conversion
of sp_collector.cpp than me, if you're interested.

-Regards,
Larry