From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 12:14:06

--- Markus Schöpflin <markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> unfortunately boost.python is unusable on that platform because most of the
> tests fail at runtime with a stack overflow. The reason is illustrated in
> the following code sample:

I am using Boost.Python all the time under Tru64 with cxx 6.5, and have been
doing so for many years. I guess there must be a difference in how we compile.
I am not using bjam but a SCons-based build system. The result of building with
the Boost CVS from earlier this morning, including the cxx commands, is here:

http://cci.lbl.gov/cctbx_build/results/2005_06_15_0643/tru64_py241_build_log

All our regression tests (many) passed.

> As for a possible workaround, replacing the overload with a specialization
> of the function template would work, AFAICT. Would such a patch be accepted?

I'd first experiment with the compiler options.

Cheers,
        Ralf

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/