From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 12:49:40

David Abrahams wrote:
> Stefan Seefeld <seefeld_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>>If this is done by Boost.Build, it's required the all packages use
>>>Boost.Build too. If they build boost in some other way, then there's
>>>nothing we can do.
>>
>>Indeed. The point is really to make it *possible* for them to do it
>>without boost developers having to care.
>

> I don't understand. What is "it" and what does it mean to "care" in
> this case?

'it' is the regeneration / manipulation of the file containing library
metainformation such as required build flags or dependencies.

'not having to care' means that boost developers can completely ignore
the issue of packaging as packagers have all the tools they need to
keep the installed files self-consistent.

Regards,
                Stefan