From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 16:58:51

Matt Austern wrote:

> FWIW, I can think of a few Microsoft engineers who deserve a good deal more
> respect than I do. There are some very good people working there.

If you are the author of "Generic Programming and the STL", there is no
one of whom I can think at Microsoft who deserves more respect than you
do, although I am sure there are creative and intelligent people who
work at Microsoft just as in any other company. As far as your article
in DDJ is concerned, I am sorry I missed it, but I stopped getting DDJ
when Al Stevens retired his column, and DDJ seemed to lose interest in C++.