From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-18 10:46:06

Hi all,

As seen in http://lists.boost.org/boost/2005/06/28717.php it seems that
the Boost libraries are not properly linked under, at least, NetBSD.
The problem arises when using --layout=system (although it will probably
happen w/o it, too), as the build process only creates .a and .so files
for each of the libraries being built, but it fails to create .so.1.32.0
files (as one could expect).

Trying the same thing under Linux results in the correct files being
created (i.e., three for each library). One of the replies said that it
may be because sonames are not being used under NetBSD, and that was
correct.

The attached patch fixes it; I'm not sure it's correct, though I hope it
is. Note that it solves this issue under Dragonfly, FreeBSD and NetBSD,
all of which support sonames.

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/