From: Maksym Motornyy (mmotorny_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-20 03:37:03

> I think that the names are only "meaningful" if the source language and the
> application user's language are the same. In general this kind of ability is
> useful in debugging but in real applications the restraints on identifiers
> is too limiting (i.e. no punctuation, no accents, no spaces). Far more
> powerful would be the ability to associate arbitrary data with an enum. This
> I believe is relatively easy to add to your framework.

Yes, mainly the "meaningful" names can be used for debugging and
logging. As I wrote in above reply to Sebastien Martel, arbitary data
can be added by means of enumerator-specific methods.

> I wish to state for the record, I believe macros should only be used as a
> last resort.

Absolutely agree. If you find "meaningful" names not very useful
feature, enumerator definition can be done without macros.

Sincerely yours,
Maksym Motornyy.