From: Anis Benyelloul (benyelloul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-21 06:47:39

> Sérgio Vale e Pace wrote:

> graphical libraries usually are incompatible and sometimes even
> "unusual" for a reason, performance, when you´re processing lots and
> lots of points per second, the simple act of calling a non inline
> function is too much overhead.

I totally agree with you. But, who said that my code was calling
non-inline functions ?

> Don´t take me wrong I also believe that
> a "unique" implementation for points would be great, but such
> implementation is not trivial.

Sorry, I actually don't beleive so. I do not intend to create just one
more implementation for points and rectangles, I want to give points
and rectangles of *others* the same inteface. Yes, after having
specialized some traits class you'll be able to write :
geom::point<QPoint> pt; // use QPoint as an implementation
geom::box<SDL_Rect> bx; // use SDL Rect as an implementation
// Now mix !
bx+=pt; // !!
// And still be able to extract the QPoint out of pt;
QDrawPoint(pt.impl());
SDL_UpdateRect(&(bx.impl()); // And the SDL_Rect out of bx, at no cost !

> I´m not sure about the internals of
> your implementation,

Then you should check the 'Boost Sandbox File vault' for a file named
geom.zip and make your own opinion. Reading through the documentation
should give a better idea of the general "spirit" of the library.

-- Anis Benyelloul

--
  Anis Benyelloul
  benyelloul_at_[hidden]