From: A. Johan (aj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-21 22:39:54

Hello all,

I'm developing an application that uses boost::regex library and ms visual
c++ 2003 (7.1).

I'm trying to split a string into a smaller set of strings by using
regex_split. However I would like to skip if the split character is prefixed
by \.

Typically I would use the following regex - (?<!\\);

Where in c++ it would be something like std::string s("(?<!\\\\);")

Compiles ok but I will get an exception when I try to use it as a parameter
to the regex - boost::regex(s)

So would appreciate any pointers or ideas or am I just doing I plainly
wrong?

Cheers & have a good day all.

A. Johan

--
"The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire..."