From: Anis Benyelloul (benyelloul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-22 04:40:41

Sérgio Vale e Pace <svpace.forum <at> gmail.com> writes:*
> Ahh, now I get it... I will take a look at your code.
(Thanks a lot for your time Sérgio !)

Well, just to make myself clear, here is a quote from the documentation
<quote>
One of the most important aspect of the library is its close integration with
existing ones. That is, you surely already have some points&rectangles library
you are happy with, in fact, you surely have some graphical library that
imposes its own points and rectangles, and you don't want to use Boost.Geom if
this means converting between Boost.Geom's stuff into you library's stuff, and
vise-versa. You don't have to: you can make Boost.Geom compatible with any
other points&rect library to take benefit of all features it has to offer and
still be able to call (the zero cost) impl() member to obtain something your
library wants, and to go back (at no cost) to Boost.Geom stuff you use function
wrappers. This is just a matter of specializing some traits classes.
But the general spirit is here:
   - Close integration with already existing libraries.

   - Lots of handy features for every abstraction.

   - Not imposing additional overhead over a more simplistic library
</quote>

Also, it seems that there already has been some project similar (5 years ago):
After having
a look at the "Boost Yahoo Group Files" I found something of a ``geomerty2D''
library (geometry2D/geometry2D.zip).
I still haven't looked at it closely, but seems limited to 2D and offering just
one implmentation. Well, maybe its author (Aleksey Gurtovoy) would like to join
the party here !

I also have posted Geom in the Boost Yahoo Group Files section, filename:
geom.zip

-- Anis Benyelloul