From: Brian Braatz (brianb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-23 07:57:07

> On Behalf Of David Abrahams
> "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > It is polite to ask, and perhaps politeness is wiser than legal
basis.
> > If an email is not answered, it could be surmised that they don't
care;
> > otherwise, their preferences should be obvious.
> >
> > <http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/prcontacts.jsp>
>
> 1. Adobe and McAfee are not related, are they?
>
> 2. It's not worth anyone else's time to ask, IMO. Are you
> volunteering your own time?
>
> 3. I'd just say "go ahead," but I know how these things work in
> companies. The question to the PR department triggers a discussion
> with the legal department and they both decide it would be safer
> for the company if their use of open source software were not
> publicized. The job of PR and legal is to limit the company's
> exposure to risk, so once something shows up on their radar it
> becomes something for the company to worry about. On the other
> hand, if the question never arrives, it never becomes a problem.
>
> Let's not make a big production out of this.

[Brian Braatz Writes:]
my 2 cents: We discovered this by public knowledge that THEY provided.
case closed :)

If it helps, think of it this way. The "role" of the "Who's using boost"
page is to "report" on who is using boost. If a TV reporter could talk
about it (based on public knowledge) then we should also be able to
report on it.

:)