From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-24 09:38:59

>>> Well, minimal test, and I now know it applies only to single TUs, but
>>> the bug would apply to multiple TUs.
>>
>> Actually none of the Boost.Test inline components are supposed to be used
>> for multiple testing modules (all supply main function()). So I do not
>> think
>> any fix is required.
>
> I'm sorry, but when I look at the documentation for execution_monitor,
> I don't see "don't use this in multiple TUs." What am I missing?

Nothing prevent you from using execution_monitor as a library with multiple
TU. Inlined versions of Boost.Test components are intended just as a
shortcuts to avoid linking in simple cases where header only solution is
preferable. If you are using multiple TU based testing I don't think it
should be considered as a "simple case" and linking with the library could
be afforded.
  If you believe it's important for inlined version of execution_monitor
component (by itself) to be usable in multiple TU situation (which I don't
really recommend - it brings a lot of dependencies with it especially on
windows) I am open for discussion, but

1. It wouldn't help you with any of existing inlined Boost.Test components
2. It's more like a new feature than bug fix and could wait till after
release.

Gennadiy