From: Anis Benyelloul (benyelloul_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-24 11:44:08

Andy Little <andy <at> servocomm.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> I had a quick look.
Thanks !

> You would need to change the licence for boost.
Ahem.. I assume you're talking about the manual, because the code
*is* under the Boost Licence. And about the manual, I don't recall having
read something that forbids FDL for manuals ... maybe be I missed it ?

> Not quite sure I understand the reason behind the parameter for points.
You're talking about the template parameter of geom::point<> ? Well, it is
an implementation type (as explained in the manual), something that tells
geom::point<> how you'd like to implement the notion of ``point'' (as XY, as
XYZ, as polar coordinates ... etc).

> Why no lines?
Maybe in the next version ? But think of this, what is a line ? isn't it
a std::pair<point, point> ? Also, I had the idea of geom::region (a region of
the plan/space) a collection of boxes, geom::polygon<> a collection of
points ... etc ... But lets make sure we have the best points and rectangles
of the planet first :)...

> Hope to have a longer look at some stage.
Hope so ...

--Anis Benyelloul