From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-27 12:25:15

Fernando Cacciola wrote:
> That or I am still somnehow commiting Mac sources!!
>
> I had used boost inspect before commiting (with the -crlf option) and the
> only file reported is the one in inspect used precisely to show this, so I'm
> sure I had no such files _before_ commiting.

Good :-) But it usually shows up after one commits, and another updates,
not before the commit.

> I use TortoiseCVS, and it has options named "Check not Unix sandbox" and
> "Use Unix line endings", which are Unchecked and Checked respectively. But
> these options are not supposed to cause such problems, so if I am commiting
> Mac files I can't see how.

Did you really mean:

"Check not Unix sandbox" *off*
"Use Unix line endings" *on*

Because if you did, that second one is precisely what's causing the
problem. If your files have DOS EOLs you can't tell *CVS that you have
Unix EOLs.

By the way I also use TCVS (and WinCVS) and I don't have those options.
I have a single "Sandbox DOS/UNIX:" which I set to "Autodetect (default
to DOS)". Works without problems.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything